Terms of Membership
- You must make prior arrangement with hosts before any stay. Hosts accept visitors at their discretion. We advise that you ask many questions in order to establish expectations from both parties. Hosts often have their own guildelines and you may wish to ask what those are.
- If you cannot make an arranged stay then you MUST let the host know. It is very unfair on hosts to prepare for a helper's arrival who then fails to turn up. You may also be preventing another helper from staying in your absence.
- You will generally be helping between 3 to 6 hours per day on average, depending on hosts needs. Be prepared to work hard.
- You are expected to fill out the host's guest book on arrival and show your passport or other suitable ID that is acceptable to the host.
- We recommend that you bring along your own sleeping bag or bedding. If not, you are expected to let the host know in advance.
- If helping in a foreign country you must obtain your own appropriate visas. Help Exchange or any of its listed hosts cannot assist with your visa applications or contribute towards your travel expenses and you should never request for such assistance.
- In order to contact any hosts directly, you will be required to upgrade to be a premier helper member.
- We highly recommend that you have some kind of personal / travel insurance prior to staying with a host. You may wish to check your insurance policy to see what kind of cover they provide for working on a host's property. Some hosts may insist that you have insurance. Why not give your host peace of mind by providing them with photocopies of your passport and insurance policy on arrival as well as showing them the originals? This would be a great way to show that you are trustworthy.
- Finally, no experience is required - just enthusiasm and a positive attitude.
I am over 18 years of age and understand that Help Exchange's function is limited to providing members with an online list of hosts and that Help Exchange cannot accept responsibility for injury, loss or damage. I also confirm that I have read and understand the helper rules stated above.